2016/12/26

best of 2016 - foundation


Hi everybody! I hope you had an amazing Christmas spending some quality time with your family, eating good food, giving and receiving nice presents and enjoying yourselves to its fullest.

As we are approaching the end of 2016 soooo fast, I thought that I would share my favorite products of this year with you. For this, I wanted to start a little mini-series out of 3 posts covering the 3 main parts of the products, as to know : foundation, eyes and lips. Each category will include 5 of my favorite products for this year. Let's begin with foundation!


First things first : liquid foundation. For this, I don't even have to think about, as it would have to be the Dream Wonder Nude Fluid Make-Up by Maybelline in 10 Ivory. I got this one in a gift box some time ago, when I went to the Aftershow Party of Germany's Next Topmodel, and I'm sooo glad to have tried it. I love the liquid and light texture of it that glides on to your skin like a second skin. Unfortunately, I have totally used it up, but I'll definitely repurchase it in 2017.


And of course we would have to talk about concealer when talking about foundation stuff. My favorite one is the Fit Me! Concealer by Maybelline aswell, in 10. I really enjoyed this one, as it isn't too heavy, but can be used aswell under the eyes to highlight as on spots to conceal. The price point is  amazing (as per usual with Maybelline) and I think that it is definitely a good option to the (far more expensive) Nars Radiant Concealer that everybody is talking about.


Next is my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in Medium which, as you probably can see very well by this picture, I have almost completely used up. I don't even know what to say about it, as I'm pretty sure that most of you already know this one. It's a slightly more expensive powder, but I'll definitely repurchase it as I love the finish, the perfect setting and the absense of caky-ness.


We're almost through it. But of course I can't talk of foundation without talking about the Fit me! Anti-shine stick by Maybelline in 315 Soft Honey. I guess 2016 was the year of contouring for me, as I haven't ever left this step out when putting on my makeup. I mostly used this stick (which is way too dark for me to use as an all-over foundation) as a base for the powder contour to enhance the natural the contour. Sometimes, I also used it on its own, as it really gives a very natural-looking, yet remarkable result.


Las, but definitely not least, an old classic : the Hoola Bronzer by Benefit. I don't think that I have to explain why I loved it so much, do I? I always used this one on top of the 'liquid' contour (if I even can call it that way), and really really loved the result. If you don't have it yet, believe me when I say that it will change your (contouring) life and that you need it!

And so that's about it for foundation! What were your favorite foundation products in 2016?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig