2016/05/30

is that everything? (a little train of thought)

Did you sometimes think about you and how your life will be in 10 years? If you're going to look back and be proud of yourself and your achievements? Or if you'll be disappointed of how little you came to what you actually wanted?

Some people say that if you really want something, you can get to it. But I wonder if that's the complete truth. Does it really only need strong will power and consistence to achieve something in life?

In my opinion, no. I think it doesn't only depend on what you want and how much you're willing to sacrifice and work for it. Of course, it may help you, and without hard work and consistency you won't get anywhere, but I don't think that it's all there is. You have to have luck. And you have to have really good connections nowadays.

We're told in school that our marks should not define us. But let's just be honest : does any school, university or employer care about how hard you tried and how much you invested yourself, if the result isn't what they expect or need it to be? No, they see the marks and define you by them. Your marks define you and make your future, and not your only will power and hard work.

Sometimes you just can't get where you want, no matter how much you want it and how hard you try. It simply isn't enough. I think that it's a general problem in our society, that people aren't considered as having much of a 'worth' if their capacities or marks aren't good enough.


And I wonder, is that everything our society has to give? Are we condemned to work and work and work, just until we can't go further anymore, and then be left aside?
I don't think that society should work that way. I still believe that hard work pays off (and it definitely should!), and that it brings you nearer to your destination, but you have to have luck I guess.
That's all.

And I'm sure that hard work pays off, one way or another. As long as you believe in yourself and in your capabilities/dreams, and you're willing to go further and further, things should work out. I know that the vision that I have of our society (or at least, educationall-wise) isn't the most optimistic, but I just recognize that more and more people, who are really willing to work and invest themselves, don't even get a chance to prove what they are capable of. And I find it to be quite unfair, because that's not the way things should be (or at least, it's how I see the world). Everybody should have the same chance to prove themselves, no matter whom they know and who knows them. But I guess, that's only an ideal, and not really realizable.

Somebody once told : 'The biggest failure you can have in life is the mistake of never trying at all.' And he was right. That's the rythme of life : taking chances and occasions, trying to make things work out, falling, getting back up and trying again and again and again, until it works out and pays off one day. So I guess that's what life is all about, isn't it? That's the game of society - cheers to that.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig